- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (100g) any chopped dried fruit – dates, mango slices, pineapple wedges
- 3/4 cup (100g) craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, toasted
- 70 gram unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 18cm x 28cm baking tray.
Sift flour and baking powder together into a large bowl. Stir in remaining dry ingredients. Combine margarine, honey and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted. Mix into dry ingredients. Stir through egg.
Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan before cutting into squares.